Select the correct expression for each question
do you usually wake up? “6 a.m.” = "What time"
cooks dinner at your house? “My brother.”
do you travel to school? “By bus.”
are you going back to your country? “Next year.”
are you learning English? “For my job.”
is your name? “John.”
rice is left in the bag? = "Much"
eggs do we need from the shop?
7. Is black coffee OK? We don’t have
milk: the children finished it at breakfast time.
did you say? Five dollars fifty for a piece of cake?!!
thanks for all your help!
10. Lots of people want to be very rich, but
Example: Last year I
to Brazil for a holiday. = "went"
11. Look at
people over there!
12. This is the
winter for twenty years.
13. She is much taller
14. Joe has been here
half an hour already.
we do the same work, she earns a bigger salary.
to complete the following questions two words
Example: Q: How ________? A: I’m fine, thanks. = are you
Select the correct verb form
21. Mel: “It’s terrible weather today.”
Rob: “Yes, every winter it here all the time.”
22. I enjoy
at the beach in summer
her hand yesterday, but now it's ok now.
24. "I'm sorry I didn't hear the phone when you rang. I
to music at the time."
have been listening
25. Poor man! He
so hard for days. Why doesn't he take a break?
has been working
26. "Don't forget that
to the new office by the time you get back from holiday."
I'll have moved
I'll be moving
27. "There is a good movie on TV tomorrow night. I
am going to
28. He lives in the same street
29. If I found a wallet on the street, I
30. Sal: "What are you going to do next year?"
Jim: "I wish I the answer to that."
31. Jan: "My car has broken down again!"
Rob: "If I were you I'd it long ago."
32. Tim: "It's a pity the lake wasn't frozen yesterday."
Ann: "Yes, I agree. If it , we could have gone ice-skating."
would have been
33. The city
the 2004 Olympics were held is the capital of Greece: Athens.
34. I found the book
35. My friend
works in the city earns a lot of money.
Make a second sentence so that it has a very similar meaning. For 36-40 use the words in brackets ( ).
Example: I had my old coat on. (wearing) = I was wearing my old coat.
36. I was on holiday, and she was on holiday too. (us)
37. No-one had told me about it. (heard)
38. The doctor began working at 6 a.m. and is still working. (has)
39. It is six years since I have seen her. (for)
40. It might rain, so take an umbrella. (case)
Write three words (including the word in brackets) to finish the sentence.
Example: The door was too narrow. (..not..)
The door was
. = not wide enough
Type the correct form of the verb in brackets.
Example: She invited me
for a walk. (go) = to go
46. “Would you mind
me where the Post Office is?” (tell)
47. “We look forward to
you to the conference.” (welcome)
48. “Are you going to have a rest after
all the reports?” (read)
49. “Hurry up or you will be late! I told you
ten minutes ago.” (leave)
50. Wireless internet connections let you
your laptop almost anywhere. (use)
10 Minutes to Complete
Look at the picture below and then tell the story. Write approximately 100-150 words only.
Thank You! Your answers are being marked now :)